Job Title: HOURCAR Member Services Specialist
Job Status: Temporary/Seasonal (October 2019 – March 2020)
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: $15 Per Hour
HOURCAR, the Twin Cities’ oldest and only nonprofit carsharing organization, seeks a temporary seasonal Fleet Assistant to help us maintain our fleet over the winter months. Do you like working on your own and don’t mind the weather? A student looking for a part-time gig during the school year? Feel free to enjoy listening to your music or podcasts while you work with us as a Fleet Assistant from now until the end of March 2020.
The Fleet Assistant will support the HOURCAR fleet team in cleaning, maintaining and inspecting HOURCAR vehicles. HOURCAR’s fleet of 55 cars and trucks are cleaned on-site at HOURCAR locations (hubs) throughout Minneapolis and Saint Paul. All cleaning and maintenance materials will be provided by HOURCAR. The Fleet Assistant must provide their own vehicle for transportation between sites. Mileage is reimbursed at the federal rate.
The HOURCAR Fleet Assistant will work a part-time schedule of approximately 16 hours per week starting as soon as possible. The exact schedule is flexible depending on the applicant’s availability, but the majority of hours must be worked between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday each week.
- Assist with winter related Hourcar vehicle operations including clearing vehicles and hubs of snow and ice.
- Visit HOURCAR hub locations regularly, as assigned by the Fleet Manager to clean and inspect the interior and exterior of HOURCAR vehicles.
- Restock supplies and perform basic maintenance such as checking fluid levels, jump starting vehicles and replacing windshield wipers.
- Report damage to HOURCAR vehicles or signage to the Fleet Manager for follow up.
- Help the Fleet Team transport cars to different locations and to service appointments.
- Completion of documentation required for various Fleet Team projects and maintenance records.
- Possible response to urgent HOURCAR member issues in the field.
- Comfort working alone, outdoors and in parking ramps in all weather conditions.
- Excellent skills communicating by email, phone, and in person.
- Ability to work efficiently and manage time independently.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and willingness to learn more.
- Must own a reliable car with appropriate insurance coverage.
- Possess a mostly clean driving record with at least 3 years of licensed driving. This is a requirement for driving an HOURCAR, which is an essential part of this position.
- Experience successfully balancing multiple tasks at one time and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to read a map and interpret directions.
- Ability to effectively and cordially interact with diverse audiences at all times, especially during urgent incidents.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word is a plus.
- Fleet Assistant must agree to abide by the rules laid out in the HOURCAR Member Handbook which includes not smoking in HOURCAR vehicles. If an employee is a smoker, cigarette smell must not be transferred from employee’s clothing to the interior of Hourcars.
- Must be able to tolerate working inside and outside with frequent temperature changes that may be extreme.
- Must be able to drive and operate a vehicle.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, balancing and reaching.
- Must be able to frequently lift 10-20 pounds.
- Must occasionally be able to walk, crawl, climb and use upper extremities to push and pull.
- Ability to frequently use tools and equipment that require eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity and repetitive motion.
- Frequent interactions with members and co-workers that require talking, hearing, and listening.
- Work frequently involves close quarters when cleaning HOURCAR vehicles.
- Ability to see, read, and concentrate on the tasks at hand and have the ability to learn new things and retain that knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume no later than 9:00 a.m. on October 31, 2019. E-mailed applications are preferred at email@example.com in PDF format. Applications can be mailed to: HOURCAR, attn: Hiring, 755 Prior Ave N Suite 301D, Saint Paul MN 55104. No phone calls, please.
HOURCAR is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. It is the policy of HOURCAR to hire without discrimination because of race, creed, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, ancestry, familial status, age, disability, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. Women and BIPOC are especially encouraged to apply.